hi,

i just installed your mod (which is awesom btw) ^^ but im having some problems. none of the creatures will rape / initiate sex with my char. if i use the "crouch to invite" function it works nicly, ill get the animations. ill also get the animations if i use the MatchMaker spells. but non of the creatures will initiate sex when i'll just walk past them or stand right next to them. i tried all arousal levels and settings both, for the player and the creatures.

edit:

i think it was the crouch option - when set to invite, somehow animations were only triggered when invited - and not on any other ocassins. i set it back to no effect and now the dogs jump my char.

The invite crouch option is broken in the current version (v03.0 Beta 01).

As for not being engaged while walking around, try turning down the required creature arousal threshold. You can check a creature's arousal level by targeting them and hitting N (SL Arousal default).

If you are still having trouble getting animations to trigger, turn on the debug option in the Aroused Creatures MCM for a few minutes around the creatures (don't leave it on, you'll get spammed). Then post your papyrus log.

I'm about to package and upload Aroused Creatures v3.0 Beta 02.

This took way longer than intended with me inadvisedly adding features in the midst of testing, backtracking, breaking things that worked perfectly, etc. Hopefully it was worth it.

Big new feature is an interface with Nude Creatures which will allow supported creatures to show their nude models when reaching a configurable arousal level so you have some immersive means of detecting an aroused creatures without going around hitting N on everything. Naturally this requires Nude Creatures to be installed (the version included in More Nasty Critters). Also the mod name is more fitting now.

New Features:

• Added: Creatures may appear aroused outside of SexLab animations (requires Nude Creatures).
  • Added: Option to disable enemy creature engagements with their allies.
  • Added: Creature Only and PC/NPC Only required arousal options as well as Both and Either. This allows, in one configuration, the creature to dictate who and when to engage but still allow the PC/NPC arousal to affect the consensual state (if using Adaptive for consent).
  • Added: Creatures Prefer Collars option which uses a separate arousal threshold for the creature when the victim is wearing a collar. This is independent of Only Collared so engagements with un-collared victims will still be possible.
  • Added: Manual mid-game soft dependencies check to update references to Submit, Defeat, Deviously Helpless and Nude Creatures. Relevant options will be greyed out in the MCM if they are not loaded. tTchnically these are updated with every load but I've seen a couple of instances where dropping the mod into a cleaned save results in improper loading.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed: Soft dependencies being checked twice on first load (noob error)
  • Fixed: Invite crouch option should now work correctly
  • Fixed: Deactivating the mod in the MCM now properly disables the update events instead of just ticking over without the cloak.

Notes:

• As usual this will require installation to a clean save: Disable SLAC in the MCM, wait 2 hours in the wait menu, save and quit, uninstall SLAC, relaunch and load last save, wait two more hours and save again. Now you can install this version.
  • The Nude Creature interface implementation is version-specific meaning that any update to NC could break an NC-enabled SLAC, hopefully only until the NC option is disabled in the SLAC MCM.
  • Now that we have a few consensual creature animations I wanted to offer an option to filter them for consensual engagements. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be possible for now as there is no SexLab API support for manipulating creature animations. Perhaps in the future.
  • I'm very aware that, in my zeal to offer a highly adaptable mod, the configuration options and interactions are becoming very complex to the point that users could be confused by the results. But I'm not going to dumb it down just improve the available information when I can.

Literally while writing the above I discovered another bug in the soft dependencies updater - this is what it's like and why it takes so goddamn long. Fortunately it won't do anything other than a very improbable log error regarding None references under very unlikely circumstances, nothing noticeable in-game, nothing that will break the game or even the mod, so we shall forge ahead...

Any bug reports, observations or suggestions are very welcome.

Only issue I noted with the new version is that crouch = invite appears to override arousal values as a trigger for PC when the option is selected.  

Settings for PC triggers were only creature arousal matters, adaptive, with both actors above the thresholds.  While using crouch = invite, creatures would engage NPCs as expected but would show "PC Name (nocrouch)" in the debug text whenever they selected the PC as a viable target while not crouched.  Changing the crouch option to something like crouch = prevent allowed the matching to go forward.  

My assumption is that the crouch = invite option is intended to supplement the PC engagement options as an additional trigger, rather than overriding them.  Other than that issue however the update seemed to be working fine, thanks.

This was tested on my main save, but following the clean save procedures + a save cleaner to remove stray scripts.

Are you blocking actors that are in scenes? Or when the player is on autopilot? I would block under these conditions.

http://www.creationkit.com/IsBleedingOut_-_Actor== true

http://www.creationkit.com/GetCurrentScene_-_ObjectReference!= none

http://www.creationkit.com/IsMovementControlsEnabled_-_Game== false

No, I'm not, and I probably should.

Thanks for the tip!

Only issue I noted with the new version is that crouch = invite appears to override arousal values as a trigger for PC when the option is selected.  

Settings for PC triggers were only creature arousal matters, adaptive, with both actors above the thresholds.  While using crouch = invite, creatures would engage NPCs as expected but would show "PC Name (nocrouch)" in the debug text whenever they selected the PC as a viable target while not crouched.  Changing the crouch option to something like crouch = prevent allowed the matching to go forward.  

My assumption is that the crouch = invite option is intended to supplement the PC engagement options as an additional trigger, rather than overriding them.  Other than that issue however the update seemed to be working fine, thanks.

This was tested on my main save, but following the clean save procedures + a save cleaner to remove stray scripts.

Damnit, I'll look into this now.

Okay, that was a dumb mistake on my part.

The attached script should fix the invite issue again. It also implements jbezorg's suggested conditions for filtering actors in scenes.

If you don't want to wait for the next beta then just drop the contents into your data folder or use your mod manager and overwrite the files already there. You won't need to do a clean save for this.

SexLab Aroused Creatures v03.0 Beta 02 - invite fix.7z

The last playthrough I used this very fun mod as a Necro/Conjurer and used    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8245/?   as a kind of tank. I changed the duration to 5 min and adjusted magicka cost in Creation Kit (60 seconds was a frequent problem with timing). It was a fun fighting style and often after combat the draugr demanded payment for services soon as I sheathed my weapon. This was with Aroused Redux and everything seemed to run very well. Super mod! Control of sex events through weapon out and sneak worked great for me, it works so well I wish there was a mod with exactly this set up but controlled only followers. Thanks again and I am looking forward to trying this new version.

Happy to see it being used in fun ways like this.

Another similar play style might be to use three or four summoned wolves (via Hentai Creatures for example). The PC and followers would be supported by their pack in return for... favours. Play as a real Wolf Queen.

Could get a little crowded in some locations though.

Might be a mod idea there for providing a means of managing a pack of wolves as a whole rather than individually.

I wonder if there's a potential requirement there to be able to select individual creatures as partners rather than all available creatures - just in case someone feels like they're taken out of the experience when a nearby horse unexpectedly gets in on the wolf action. Potentially confusing for users, though. I suppose it's more or less achievable with the current build using the Relationship Rank option and console commands to set the RR between the PC and creatures.

Needs further thought.

In the Forgotten Magic Redone mod there is a set of druid spells one of which is summon 3 wolves (you can also level the spell and add "perk" points to make your pack tougher) and there is a ring that can drop that adds a fourth, I have gone into CK and extended the duration of this also but I havent yet made my elven ranger, although it is my plan soon as I find the right woodsy, yet hot armor for the Epic Elf race (great mod that really fits my vision of elves) I have been thinking of trying to duplicate the summons but use spiders in place of wolves for a drow spider queen also.....so many possibilities!

the invite option is indeed fixed, but it overwrites the mod's usual 60 creature arousal trigger... the only way to have something happening is by bending your knee every time.

Are you seeing this with the patched scripts (SexLab Aroused Creatures v03.0 Beta 02 - invite fix.7z) in the post at the top of this page?

one issue I have come acrossed, if the arousal trigger is set to "either" it disregards actual arousal level and engages in an encounter regardless of whether one or none of the parties is at the required level, IE aousal trigger for creature is set at 50 and npc or character is set at 80, encounter takes place even if actual creature and npc arousal is less then 10. turned on debuggimg messages and right before the act triggered debugging stated neither party were aroused

one issue I have come acrossed, if the arousal trigger is set to "either" it disregards actual arousal level and engages in an encounter regardless of whether one or none of the parties is at the required level, IE aousal trigger for creature is set at 50 and npc or character is set at 80, encounter takes place even if actual creature and npc arousal is less then 10. turned on debuggimg messages and right before the act triggered debugging stated neither party were aroused

Make sure the affected NPCs do not have tagged collars which might be reducing the arousal threshold. This can be turned off in the Other Setting page in the MCM (Creatures Prefer Collars).

Make sure that the crouch option is not set to Invite if this is affecting the PC (invite ignores PC arousal and lowers creature threshold).

The last thing is that actors' arousal levels can jump suddenly if they have not been loaded in a long time. This can also happen if the actor has not been processed into the SLA faction (fresh spawns, summons, etc), so they have negative arousal in one tick but by the next tick Aroused will have given them an initial value which may be above the threshold.

Tagged Collars has been turned off since the beginning, the tests done regarding this include as soon as an act completed <setting arousal to 0 for both> walking in a door then back out, bringing the said npc back into range of the creature <Stump in this case>, tested several configurations of invite , including setting invite to higher then normal <invite to 100> ans setting crouch to ignore

Tagged Collars has been turned off since the beginning, the tests done regarding this include as soon as an act completed <setting arousal to 0 for both> walking in a door then back out, bringing the said npc back into range of the creature <Stump in this case>, tested several configurations of invite , including setting invite to higher then normal <invite to 100> ans setting crouch to ignore

I'll need to see a pap log with AC debugging enabled to get any further.

Is it possible that another mod is triggering here, Random Sex for example?

the only random sex mod i have is this one, however if no one else is having this issue, i am going to assume is something on my end. having only creature arousal as a trigger is a fine work around for me, just brought it up in case others had the same issue

the only random sex mod i have is this one, however if no one else is having this issue, i am going to assume is something on my end. having only creature arousal as a trigger is a fine work around for me, just brought it up in case others had the same issue

I'm wondering if this might be a problem with SexLab Aroused. Are you sure their arousal levels are dropping after the animation? Do all the NPCs have constant high arousal? Is this happening with all creatures or just Stump?

it happened for me using both aroused and aroused redux <latest on both and new games as well> and was all creatures, I have Dogs of whiterun installed and everytime I left the inn, bathors or arcadias, it was a doggy gangbang in the square, yes, arousal was dropping for both npcs and creatures, checked using the key, and god help me if I took a follower to the stable in whiterun.. was kinda funny but was kinda impossible to go to whiterun with 5 dogs roaming the streets, every time we passed one, either my pc or my follower or <if there were two dogs in range> both of us would get humped, I think its something on my game tho, its heavily modded and this isn't the only quirk

it happened for me using both aroused and aroused redux <latest on both and new games as well> and was all creatures, I have Dogs of whiterun installed and everytime I left the inn, bathors or arcadias, it was a doggy gangbang in the square, yes, arousal was dropping for both npcs and creatures, checked using the key, and god help me if I took a follower to the stable in whiterun.. was kinda funny but was kinda impossible to go to whiterun with 5 dogs roaming the streets, every time we passed one, either my pc or my follower or <if there were two dogs in range> both of us would get humped, I think its something on my game tho, its heavily modded and this isn't the only quirk

It's not something I'm able to reproduce but I'd like to know where it's coming from in case I can do something about it at my end - could be indicative of an edge-case issue with the mod.

One thing to try is to disable Aroused Creatures in the MCM and wait for a minute real time then check the arousal levels of nearby creatures. I'm wondering if maybe their exposure is overclocked, as it were, so it's jumping up past the threshold after just a few ticks. So even if the aroused notification shows low arousal a few seconds later they may be at max again. I very vaguely recall running into something similar ages ago but don't recall how I dealt with it.

Have you adjusted the time scaling in your game at all? Any mods that change day length? That might affect Aroused.

Beyond this the only thing I can suggest is to uninstall Aroused and everything that depends on it, make a clean save and reinstall.

I think I figured out what is going on, don't know what is causing it or how to fix it, but basically its no matter what I set the pc and npc arousal threshold at, the mod treats it as 0, so if the mod is set to react to the pc or npc's arousal, its going to trigger, it i set it to creature only, it works perfectly <invite functions perfectly>.  This is occuring whether or not i use aroused or aroused redux <as for the clean save, i have tried with all new games due to being real early in the game <from helgen to riverwood to whiterun> and it being just as easy to wipe all saves and start over then to try a clean save and hope the save is actually clean

<edit> well, after starting ANOTHER new game after installing the new racemenu and skeleton..everything is working correctly now, 

I think I figured out what is going on, don't know what is causing it or how to fix it, but basically its no matter what I set the pc and npc arousal threshold at, the mod treats it as 0, so if the mod is set to react to the pc or npc's arousal, its going to trigger, it i set it to creature only, it works perfectly <invite functions perfectly>.  This is occuring whether or not i use aroused or aroused redux <as for the clean save, i have tried with all new games due to being real early in the game <from helgen to riverwood to whiterun> and it being just as easy to wipe all saves and start over then to try a clean save and hope the save is actually clean

Okay, I would suggest uninstalling AC and making a clean save. Then reinstall the v03.0 Beta 02 version and then the patched scripts here.

no idea what happened, all i did was install the new racemenu and skeleton which have nothing to do with AC or Aroused but its working now, just somethin screwed up in my game files like I thought

Just glad it's working for you.

could you add an option for hostile creatures to engage the  player during combat? it would be able to replace beastiality rape which does not support shlongs of skyrim or soulgem pregnancy.

Hostile creature engagements are handled by Submit and Defeat.

Aroused Creatures is specifically intended to cover non-combat situations so I'm afraid there are no plans to add that functionality.